15 Die Of Electrocution, 7 Injured At Namami Gange Project Site In Uttarakhand..

Wave of mourning in Uttarakhand, 15 people died due to electrocution, police officer also died

Chamoli: Tragic incidents are happening one after the other in the disaster-hit Uttarakhand. The matter is of Chamoli, where a major accident took place.

15 death due to current in chamoli
There was a sudden electrocution at the site of the Namami Gange project. 15 people died prematurely in this accident. Many people are badly burnt. Pipalkoti outpost in-charge Pradeep Rawat and home guard Mukandilal are also included in the dead. At present, 15 people have been reported dead, 7 people have been injured. The condition of many is critical. In such a situation, the death toll may increase. CM Pushkar Singh Dhami has ordered a magisterial inquiry into the death of people due to electrocution. Along with this, the officials were also instructed to conduct a detailed and thorough investigation of the incident. He inquired about the incident from DM Chamoli. The incident took place near Chamoli market. Work was going on at the site of Namami Gange project here on Wednesday. 24 people were present on the spot. That’s why the current ran in the sewage treatment plant premises. About ten people died on the spot due to scorching in the accident, while many succumbed during treatment.

Chamoli sewage treatment plant current 15 deaths
Some scorched people have been sent to the district hospital. It is being told that this accident happened due to running of current in the wires of the meter. According to Amit Saxena, executive engineer of Chamoli’s Energy Corporation, the third phase of electricity was down last night. The third phase was added on Wednesday morning, After which the current ran in the sewage treatment plant premises. LT and ST wires are not broken anywhere from transformer to meter. An eyewitness told that the phone of the caretaker living here was not ringing at night. When the relatives reached the site and searched, it was found that the caretaker had died due to electrocution. As soon as the information was received, many villagers along with the family members also reached the site. When he reached here, the police was probing the matter. During this, the current spread there again. In whose grip many people including policemen came. JE Sandeep Mehra and Sushil Kumar of Jal Sansthan were also seriously injured in the accident. He is being sent to AIIMS Rishikesh via helicopter. Chief Minister Dhami has given instructions to investigate the matter.(HB)


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *