Unlock 2 orders passed by the Ministry of Home Affairs have been adopted in Chandigarh today and the following decisions have been taken :-
- Odd-even system, presently being followed in selected markets will be discontinued.
This will also apply to street vendors.
- On similar pattern as Punjab,
maximum 2 persons on a scooter/motorcycle,
4 persons in a car,
3 persons in an auto-rickshaw will be allowed (including the driver). However, all riders will use masks and the vehicles will be regularly sanitized by the owners.
SUV’s to have maximum 2 persons per row of seats.
- All shops/restaurants will be allowed to remain open from 10:00 AM to 09:00 PM.
- Call Centres/Industrial establishments will be allowed to operate night shifts provided their employees do not come out of the office/factory premises during curfew period from 10:00 PM to 05:00 AM.
- Apni Mandies and Organic Markets will continue to remain closed, till further orders.
- Inter-state bus service will continue to remain suspended, till further orders.
- Service of alcoholic drinks in marriage functions will be permitted; provided specific permission from Excise Department is taken.
However, bars will continue to remain closed.
- There will be complete ban on social/political/sports/entertainment/academic/cultural/religious functions and other large congregations, as per Government of India’s guidelines.
- The activities like cinema halls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, spas, auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places will not be permitted.
- There will be strict implementation of mask-wearing, social distancing in public places and any person violating the guidelines/directions will be penalized.