KEY POINTS OF CHANDIGARH ADMINISTRATION ORDER (18 May 2020)
The following directives will be applicable in Union Territory, Chandigarh w.e.f. 19/05/2020 :
- All UT Administration offices will function from 10:00 AM to 05:30 PM with a lunch break from 01:00 to 01:30 PM.
50% of the government officials below the rank of Deputy Secretary will be called to office.
However, Defence and Security Services, Health and Family Welfare, Police, Prisons, Home Guards, Civil Defence, Fire and Emergency Services, Disaster Management and related services, NIC, Customs, FCI, NCC, NYK and Municipal services shall function without any
- Central Government offices, offices of neighbouring states, banks etc. will have different office timings to avoid simultaneous travel by office goers and congestion on roads.
- The private offices are advised to operate with 50% of their staff and
encourage their employees to work from home.
- The public dealing offices such as Sampark Centres, RLA, Sub Registrar office etc. shall remain open.
- The general public can meet the officers for their personal grievance redressal etc. strictly between 11:00 am to 12:00 noon preferably with prior appointments.
- All shops in internal sector markets (neighbourhood markets), which were earlier allowed to be open on odd-even basis will now be allowed to open from 10:00 AM to 06:00 PM on all days except the usual weekly off day.
There will be strict emphasis on implementation of social distancing norms and other precautions, which must be ensured by the shop owners.
- The shops in markets such as in Sector 46 Rehri Market, Sector 22-D Shastri Market, Sector 15 Patel Market, Sector 41, Krishna Market, Sector 19, Sadar Bazar and Palika Bazar, Sector 18 Gandhi Market, Sector 27 Janta Market etc. will remain open on odd-even basis. The shops timings will be from 10:30 am to 06:00 pm
Social/physical distancing will be mandatory in the premises.
- Sector 17 Market, Sector 34 Market and shops on sector dividing roads are permitted to remain open. However, the shop timings will be from 11:00 am to 06:00 pm.
- Street vending will be allowed on already earmarked vending zones on odd-even basis to those vendors authorized by the Municipal Corporation.
Only the registered street vendors of Municipal Corporation will be permitted under strict social distancing norms.
- All Malls such as Elante Mall, DLF Mall, Centra Mall and Multiplexes will remain closed, including essential shops, eateries and offices located in the Mall.
- Apni Mandis/Day Markets in the city will remain closed till further orders.
- Sweet shops and Bakeries will be permitted to open.
However, they will not be allowed to provide any dining facility within their premises.
Home delivery of cooked/packed food will be allowed.
- The restaurants will be permitted to operate only for home delivery of
Strict hygienic procedure will be followed.
- Barbers/salons will remain closed till a formal SOP is finalized and announced in consultation with medical experts. However, spa/massage centers will not be permitted.
- The Wholesale Market in Sector 26 will continue to be open.
The temporary functioning of vegetables and fruits traders at ISBT, Sector 17 will continue till further orders.
- The Sports Complex will remain open.
However, close proximity games; such as Wrestling, Judo etc. will not be allowed.
No spectators will be allowed inside Sports Complexes.
- Swimming pool/gymnasium will remain closed.
- Canteens, eating joints attached to the Sports Complexes will remain closed.
- All non-AC buses will be operated in tri-city with the consent of the neighbouring states. There will be a flat rate of Rs.20 per ticket.
The buses will run with 50% capacity only and necessary social distancing norms will be followed.
- Inter-state buses (outside tri-city) will be resumed after obtaining necessary consent from the receiving states.
- The passenger vehicles such as cars and taxis will be allowed.
There will be maximum three persons in a vehicle.
- The auto-rickshaws are permitted to ply in the city on the condition that only 01 passenger is carried.
- The two wheelers can ply without a pillion rider.
- The pedal/Cycle Rickshaws will be allowed with only one passenger.
- Use of Community Centres is disallowed keeping in view the ban on social gathering imposed by Government of India,
The movement of individuals shall remain strictly prohibited between 07:00 PM to 07:00 AM except for essential activities.
PROTECTION OF VULNERABLE PERSONS
Persons above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women, and children below the age of 10 years, shall stay at home, except for essential and health purposes.
USE OF AAROGYA SETU
Aarogya Setu enables early identification of potential risk of infection and, thus, acts as a shield for individuals and the community.
With a view to ensuring safety in offices and workplaces, employers on best effort basis should ensure that Aarogya Setu is installed by all employees having compatible mobile phones.
District authorities may advise individuals to install the Aarogya Setu application on compatible mobile phones and regularly update their health status on the app. This will facilitate timely provision of medical attention to those individuals who are at risk.
The following National Directives for COVID-19 Management will be strictly followed :
- Wearing of face cover is compulsory in all public and work places.
- Spitting in public & work places shall be punishable with fine.
- Social distancing shall be followed by all persons in public places and in transport
- Marriages related gathering shall ensure social distancing, and the maximum number of guests allowed shall not be more than 50.
- Funeral/last rites related gatherings shall ensure social distancing, and the maximum numbers allowed shall not be more than 20.
- Consumption of liquor, paan, gutka, tobacco etc. in public places is not allowed.
- Shops will ensure minimum six feet distance (2 gaz ki doori) among customers and shall not allow more than 5 persons at the shop.
ADDITIONAL DIRECTIVES FOR WORK PLACES :
- As far as possible, the practice of work from home should be followed.
- Staggering of work/business hours shall be followed in offices, work places, shops, markets and industrial & commercial establishments.
- Provision for thermal scanning, hand wash and sanitizer will be made at
all entry and exit points and common areas.
- Frequent sanitization of entire workplace, common facilities and all points which come into human contact e.g. door handles etc., shall be ensured, including between shifts.
- All persons in charge of work places shall ensure social distancing through adequate distance between adequate gaps between shifts, staggering the lunch breaks of staff, etc.
- The lockdown will continue for a period of two weeks w.e.f. 18/05/2020.
- All domestic and international air travel of passengers not allowed.
- Schools, colleges, educational training coaching institutions etc. will remain closed
(Online/distance learning shall continue to be permitted and shall be encouraged).
- Hotels, restaurants and other hospitality services not allowed (dinging in).
- All cinema halls, shopping malls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars and auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places shall remain closed.
- All social/politics/sports entertainment/academic/cultural/religious functions/other gatherings and large congregations not allowed.
- All religious places/places of Worship shall be closed for public.
Religious congregations are strictly prohibited.
The following activities shall be permitted outside the CONTAINMENT ZONES :
- Inter-state movement of passenger vehicles and buses, with mutual
consent of the State(s)UT(s) involved.
- Intra-State movement of passenger vehicles and buses, as decided by the States and UTs.
- Inter-state movement of all types of goods, cargo and empty trucks.
- All construction activities, subject to prescribed norms.
- All e-commerce activities in both essential and non-essential items.
- Industrial activities including manufacturing activities.
The Union The Union Territory of Chandigarh will continue to be in RED ZONE till further orders. However, there will be regular review of the status by the Health Department of UT Administration on the basis of parameters laid down by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
CONTAINMENT ZONES as delineated and designated earlier will continue. There will be regular review of the boundaries of containment zones and other additions/deletions of areas taking into consideration the field report, opinion of the existing Committee and the guidelines of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
in the Containment Zones, only essential activities shall be allowed.
There shall be strict perimeter control to ensure that there is no movement of people in or out of these zones, except for medical emergencies and for maintaining supply of essential goods and services.
Guidelines of MoHFW shall be taken into consideration for the above purpose.
In the Containment Zones, there shall be intensive contact tracing, house to house surveillance and other clinical interventions, as required.
Info by MAHESHINDER SINGH SIDHU,
Councillor Ward No 1